Become a Driving Instructor in 12 Weeks
With our comprehensive instructor training package, you could become a fully qualified ADI within 12 weeks. Here at Driver Skills North East we don’t believe in hidden extras, unrealistic time scales, dodgy sales tactics or tied in, restrictive contracts. What you see is what you get and you don’t pay a penny more.
All training is one to one in a fully insured training vehicle with a fully qualified and experienced trainer.
- Part-Time or Full-Time course. Tailored around any other commitments you may have.
- If speed is an important factor for you then this is the course for you, the course takes around 12 weeks to complete.
- Freedom to choose your own working hours.
- Control your own work / life balance.
- No previous experience required.
- Job satisfaction from teaching people a skill for life.
Why Driver Skills North East?
- We can give you the skills, the set up and the support you need to make you into a qualified instructor.
- We have a vested interest in our instructors and our aim is to provide you with the best possible training to ensure you succeed.
- We will be there to support you from day one of your training to the day you become a fully qualified instructor and beyond.
- If you have the time, effort and passion to teach someone to drive then training to become a driving instructor can lead to an enjoyable and rewarding career, supported by the Driver Skills North East team.
- Becoming a driving instructor can be a life-changing career move, which is why it’s important to choose the right Instructor Trainer for you. Our course is flexible and we can tailor it to fit round you, whether it be a current job or other commitment.
- We can get you on the road teaching in no time at all.
To become a qualified Instructor, you will need to pass three DVSA tests. The Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency – DVSA (formerly DSA) (Driving Standards Agency) requires that anyone wishing to train as a Driving Instructor is a fit and proper person. The DVSA uses the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) to obtain criminal record checks of people in England and Wales, and Disclosure Scotland for people in Scotland, Driver Skills North East will guide you through this process. You should have no more than five penalty points on your licence, have held it for a total of at least four out of the past six years prior to entering the ADI Register after qualifying, and you have not have been disqualified from driving at any time in the four years prior to being entered in the register, and meet the physical criteria required to safely control a vehicle. You need the drive, desire and determination to succeed we will provide you with the skills, support and determination to ensure that you succeed.
Part 1 Theory Test
Consists of a multiple choice test and video based hazard perception test. We provide all training materials, books, software and hazard perception DVDs for the entire course. We also stage mock tests to help prepare.
Part 2 Driving Test
In this test, you will be required to demonstrate your driving ability in a one hour practical session. The DVSA expects you to drive to a very high standard on various types of roads, in town, on country roads, on dual carriageways and on motorways. Throughout the test, you will also need to perform various manoeuvres that you will be teaching your learners.
Your Driver Skills North East trainer will help you to develop your driving skills on your in car training sessions, improving your competency and confidence to meet the required standards. They will also conduct mock tests to help you prepare.
Part 3 Instructional Ability
This is a test of your instructional ability to teach others and lasts for approximately one hour. The examiner will act as a learner driver in two role play situations. You will be assessed on your ability to correct mistakes and your general manner.
The best way to prepare you for giving driving lessons is for you to spend time in the car doing just that.
Your Driver Skills North East trainer knows exactly what is required of you on the test and will help you practice delivering your lessons on the road where you can correct mistakes and get used to the skills required to help and guide learners through our modern day traffic.
What you can expect from our Driver Skills North East ADI course
Driver Skills North East’s Instructor trainer has been a member of ORDIT (The Official Register of Driving Instructor Training). This is the government body (Driving Standards Agency) responsible for maintaining training standards within the industry. To become a member of ORDIT, Driver Skills North East’s Trainer passed a vigorous training assessment examining the standard of training provided. This is an ongoing process giving you further assurance of our commitment to high quality training.
Although everyone who undertakes driving instructor training with Driver Skills North East is guaranteed a position with us it is not compulsory for them to join. Be your own boss, work the hours you choose and feel a great sense of achievement as each of your pupils pass their driving test. Few offer such flexibility or job satisfaction.
If you want to find out more about our instructor training courses give us a call on 0191 3749083 we are open Mon-Friday 8am-8pm and Sat-Sun 9am-1pm. We will arrange an informal meeting, this gives you a chance to meet your trainer and ask any questions or concerns you may have.
Our Instructor Training Package
- 2 Hours Part 1 Training
- 15 Hours in car Part 2 Training
- 40 Hours in car Part 3 Training
- 1 Part 1 Test
- Emailed recap after every session
- 1 Part 2 Test
- All Training Materials
- 1 Part 3 Test
All this for £1800
Pay As You Go
Part 2 Training £30 per hour
Part 3 Training and Standards Check Training £32 per hour.
Want More Info?
Call today for more information and get on the road to a new, fulfilling career
- Call 01913749083
- Text ‘Become an ADI’ to 07838055099
- Email email@example.com